Friday 13 November 2015

Easy Friday Dinners - Fishcakes Recipe ❤

Fishcake recipe ❤



Fridays in my house have always been no meat days. My mother always tried to make this our fish evening of the week. We would often have fish fry, a bamboo and prawn curry or egg or fish moley. There was always something tasty to eat on a Friday. I have also adopted this and have been researching dishes that are tasty and easy to make after yet another lovely day in the office our second home :)


This Friday I made spinach and smoked haddock fishcakes with a spicy bulgar salad and a cheese and tomato omelette for my hubby who doesn't like fish cakes!


I worked all day, cleaned the house, did the laundry, watered the garden and whatever else needed doing but can you imagine I actually wanted to cook! Well with good organisational skills and tidiness this could be a real easy dinner for you...


Fishcakes - I made 14  generous ones with this mixture

Smoked haddock (about two big strips)

5 potatoes
Fresh / frozen leaf spinach (if frozen cook for a few minutes and drain all water out)
Bunch of chopped parsley
Bunch of chopped dill
Some cayenne pepper depending on how spicy you like it. I add 1 teaspoon
Black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1 egg
A handful of breadcrumbs depending on how soft the mixture is

Im really relaxed with my recipes and tend to make them up as I go along. Firstly simmer the fish in some milk or water (I use water) until its soft. Drain, flake into big chunks and keep aside. Boil the peeled potatoes and mash roughly. Add this to the fish. Next add all the other ingredients and mix together well. You now need to form the cakes. Be generous and form palm sized cakes. Squeeze together well. Once all have been formed you can refrigerate for an hour or so. Alternatively you can heat the oil and fry until nice and brown. 


Serve with the spicy bulgar salad. Mine had cooked course bulgar, sweetcorn, tomatoes,  onion, lettuce, cucumber, sweet red chilli pepper, fresh mint and parsley, lemon juice, red pepper paste and olive oil. 


My alternative dinner for my husband was the cheese and tomato omelette. Heat the oil in a pan, whisk the 3 eggs and add to the pan. Let this cook for a little while and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Then add tomato rings. Cook a little and then add grated cheese (I like cheddar or mozzarella) The whole pan can now be added to the oven for the top of the omelette to cook. I made this in 10minutes. Its filling, full of protein and healthy. Happy cooking ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment