Wednesday 18 November 2015

Energy Drops Recipe ❤

Another thing about me is that my husband is really into rowing. Its his favourite hobby and I support it wholeheartedly. I believe its a nice thing to show an interest in each other's hobbies (he is always reading my recipes) so I wanted to do something nice for him. He often has rowing races and loves his flapjacks so here is a recipe for those who need a burst of energy...



Energy Drops


2 Carrots
2 Parsnips
1 Apple
50g Dried Blackcurrants
150g Porridge Oats
75g Brown Sugar
1tsp Ground Cinnamon
4tsp Mixed Seeds
50g Desiccated Coconut
120g Butter
3tsp Agave Nectar
(Because I had a soft nectarine I added this in rather than it go to waste!)

Combine the blackcurrants, porridge oats, cinnamon, sugar, coconut and seeds. Add the melted butter and mix thoroughly. Grate the carrot, apple and parsnips, then add this to the mix as well. I do the vegetables last so that they do not go brown (if you see them going brown add a small dash of lemon juice). Lastly add the agave nectar (you can use golden syrup if you prefer this or even honey) 



Add the mixture to a lightly greased cupcake tray or whatever shape takes your fancy (you can use a shallow baking tin as well, the choice is yours). Bake for about 30mins or until its nice and brown. Once its cooled down carefully transfer to a cooling rack and allow to harden. You can store these in a tin for a few days.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment