Friday 13 November 2015

Palm Island Adventure; The Journey Begins...❤


Our Journey to Palm Island ♥

For one week I learnt what it is like to be on my own desert island.... A total digital detox and chance to unwind. If you like nature, peace and a turquoise sea then please read the rest and go and book your trip away to paradise....

Beautiful Palm Island



Take a boat to one of the neighboring islands...



I'm going to start with the logistics of Palm Island. It is situated in St Vincent and The Grenadines, A short but scenic boat ride away from the bigger Union Island. Not the easiest place to travel to but what an adventure. Our journey started at London Gatwick airport where we flew with Virgin to Barbados. A 9 hour flight but we were kept entertained with movies (Halloween season so they showed Poltergeist and Nightmare on Elm Street for the not so fainthearted) the flight was smooth and ended quickly enough. I'd like to add that until we got to check-in at Gatwick my husband had no idea of where we were heading. He still did not know that our journey was not ending in Barbados! ;)

Hubby enjoying his Costa breakfast :)

I was a little nervous as I only had my Barbados boarding details and hotel voucher - I was told that I would be met by staff at Barbados who would help us for the next stage of the journey. True to word we were met by some lovely ladies who helped keep my secret destination a surprise. We were taken to a small check in area where we were issued with our Barbados to Union Island tickets. Our luggage was checked in and we then had a long wait - or so we thought. Since all expected passengers had arrived they decided to take off early!!!! This was amazing as we thought we would have to wait 1.5 hours (although I didn't get a chance to buy a patty from the canteen).

My husbands face was an absolute delight to watch as he realised we would be taking a Twin Otter plane to Union Island. We sat second to the front and could see everything, even the pilots as there was no door to the cockpit. This made it even more amazing as you could literally see everything. Flying over the Grenadines was breathtaking - they are so beautiful. After a smooth landing we were in Union Island!!!!! 

Our ride awaits....

Spot the big green suitcases, the largest of all guests :)

I think my husband was shell shocked at the small plane 

Now we can really see what goes on in the cockpit ;)

Union was a quick process - our passports were checked and stamped (Tip: keep a pen with you in your bag as you have to fill boarding passes out for both Barbados and St Vincent & The Grenadines). We then claimed our baggage (phew they all arrived with us as we were told this may come the next morning, although I had packed an overnight bag just in case) and were met by the Palm Island resort representative. Then a quick ride to the jetty where we boarded our boat, at this point my hubby finally knew our destination and was as excited as a two year old with a Kinder Surprise. Now for the beautiful bit - the sun was setting and we could see our beautiful tiny Island in the distance, I cannot explain in words how happy I felt at this moment. After a long journey we had finally arrived at one of the most beautiful places I have seen,,,,

Boat ride to Union Island

Our first sunset in The Grenadines...♥

What a welcome from the resort team....our journey is complete and our paradise awaits us ♥


It took one whole post to explain our journey to you. It was a long and tiring trip but all I can say is - IT was SO worth it! Stay tuned for more about our incredible stay at the Palm Island Resort. In the meantime if you can't wait and want to have a quick look at their website here it is http://palmislandresortgrenadines.com/uk/index.htm 

Check back for more of our adventures on Palm Island shortly....









No comments:

Post a Comment